Thursday, November 07, 2013

Quickie Post: On Janet Lim-Napoles, Miriam Defensor-Santiago and Yolanda

The interwebs was all a-flutter this afternoon after the senate hearing where Janet Lim-Napoles cried "'di ko po alam" and "I invoke my right" so much that resulted to so many JLN-memes.
From creativemanila
And a couple of Miriam Defenso-Santiago ones just because she blew everyone away for being... well, Miriam.
Grabbed from Rappler

If you did not hear or watch the hearing, you can join the nation in frustration by listening or watching here. I was initially thinking about sharing my thoughts on this matter but instead of adding more hate-vibes to the universe, I've decided to shift my energies on the upcoming typhoon that is Yolanda, or as the Twitter-verse is calling it, #YolandaPH
From Pag-asa

Dubbed as the "strongest storm in 2013" by CNN, it is enough to scare the bejesus out of DTM's mom, asking us to stock our pantry full of food and prepare for this storm by acting like doomsday preppers.
Although Yolanda will not hit Metro Manila directly as it is moving towards Eastern Visayas, I still say it is better to be safe than sorry. Hence, DTM and I hit the supermarket after work and we stocked up on food for the next 3 days.

If you are looking for a quick guide on preparing for this typhoon, refer to this infographic that I found tons helpful when I was preparing for one of our many typhoons this year.

How to Prepare for Spring Storms - See more at: http://ww2.ambitenergy.com/spark/how-to-prepare-for-spring-storms#sthash.m0g6Ex2w.dpuf

How are YOU preparing for Yolanda?
And to everyone in the Visayas region, my prayers go out to you... xoxo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message and commenting. You get +1 experience point in life per comment left in this blog, didja know that?!

P.S. Please DO NOT leave links or htmls in your comments

Share this to the WORLD!