Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Luk Yuen: Momo Chacha is Food

Hey my dear 2 readers! I am back! Did you miss me? I missed me too as well.

*Cue canned laughter*

With that out of the way, let's continue with my usual resto review.

Deep Tissue Massage Boy and I went to Greenhills last Sunday. And as usual, before we went through the maze that is Greenhills, we needed to get fueled up. We wanted to eat at Le Ching but it was jampacked like crazy. We went to Le Ching Too (props for the word play) and the store was filled with human bodies as well, slurping noodles and savouring their dumplings.

So we went to our back up resto, Luk Yuen.
Luk Yuen photo from Uberdoog at Flickriver.com


We ordered 2 rice bowls, their wanton noodle soup, shrimp dumplings and dessert. Everything came in a matter of 10 minutes. Not bad.
Luk Yuen wanton noodle soup. Odd thing is if you order this without the noodles, it's only 1 peso cheaper :p
Luk Yuen shrimp dumplings. May not be the best shrimp dumplings I've tasted but certainly counts as one of the better ones.
Luk Yuen ricebowl - spareribs and of course, chicken feet!

What we like:
Their freebie appetizers of deep fried wanton wrapper coated with seasoning that is so good, it must be something sinister.

House water also gets refilled immediately, and considering that the place was packed, good job Luk Yuen. Pat on the back.

Needs improvement:
More free wanton wrappers! Sell them to go. Put them in boxes similar to that of Chowking's Chicharap. I'd buy 2. One for me and the other one for those who want to get some from me. It's my  sharing box. Don't judge. I just don't like sharing.

The chicken feet were a bit too tough for me. Don't get me wrong, they were easy enough to eat, but I've had better. #justsaying

Insider Tips:
Looking for a different dessert to balance the savory Chinese dishes you've had? Try their Momo Chacha (pauses a bit if you giggle at funny dish names). It's a dessert similar to ginataan sa bilobilo but instead of bilobilo, they have this glutinous sphere filled with bean paste (think hopia) and boiled nuts. It may look hideous but it tastes sooooo yummy.
Luk Yuen Momo Chacha: Don't judge me by my pasty and purple goo look. I taste good :)


Price list: See Munch punch menu here.

Verdict:
Not a bad back up resto when Le Ching and Le Ching Too are too crowded. Try it if only to taste their freebie wanton wrappers. *drools*

How to contact them and how to get there:
Unimart Bldg. Ortigas Ave., Greenhills
San Juan, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 721-2620

View Larger Map
 
Do YOU have a staple Greenhills resto that you frequent?

5 comments:

michymichymoo said...

Haven't been to Luk Yuen but will try it soon! :)

i♥pinkc00kies said...

wow i love guinataan. gotta try momo chacha!

Anonymous said...

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles.
I will bookmark your blog and check again here regularly.

I'm quite sure I'll learn plenty of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!
my web page :: nitro force max

Mrs. Kolca said...

The dumplings look yum! Hungry this morning! Hihi.

Christia's World said...

try the fried wanton wrappers. mmmm.... #addict

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message and commenting. You get +1 experience point in life per comment left in this blog, didja know that?!

P.S. Please DO NOT leave links or htmls in your comments

Share this to the WORLD!