Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Rodic's Tapsilog

♪ "Bananaaaaa.... Potatoraaaa...." ♫

While I have that crazy infectious Despicable Me teaser trailer stuck in my head, looping for the nth time, DTM's friends wanted to get their fix of Mang Larry's isaw at UP Diliman. So off we went there with my baby girl doggiepoopsie only to find out that Mang Larry has this panata that every Holy Week, he closes shop. So we went to another iconic cheap UP foodie find.

Rodic's tapsilog.


I've loved Rodic's tapsilog, which means tapa (cured beef) + sinangag (fried rice) + itlog (egg), even way back in college, with its signature just-right-sweetness tapsi, perfectly cooked sunny side up egg and fried rice.

Price: Php 70 for the tapsilog
May not be much to look at but it still tastes the same good ol' Rodic's tapsi!

What we like: Tapsilog
Needs improvement: Better get your tapsilog to go because it is sweltering hot inside the eatery
Insider tips: Get your food to go. Avoid the downstairs area because kids from outside will beg for spare change non-stop.
Verdict: Rodic's tapsi beats Tapa King's Tapa Queen hands down.

How to contact them and how to get there?
Store No. 9, UP Diliman Shopping Mall Quezon City
+63 (02) 920-0999

Map from UP Sunken Garden.


View My Saved Places in a larger map

Before I end this post and before you all go and do your Holy Week reflection (or you go enjoy summer vacay's because of the looong weekend), I'm sharing with you this wretchedly infectious song.

5 comments:

avagabondmom said...

i can't wait for the movie!

naku parang ang sarap mag tapsilog kahit gabi na! :D

i♥pinkc00kies said...

i havent tried that but i heard it's so good!! sana meron in taguig.. kahit delivery.

Christia's World said...

@avagabondmom - tapsilog this good knows no time.
:)

@pink - go to UP for the full rodic's experience. hehe

Sumi Go said...

I can't get enough of that trailer too! Wish the movie gets released soon! :D Anyway, I'm a big fan of tapsilog and this post really made me crave.. I haven't tried Rodic's though, but I'll make sure to get tapsilog to go when I visit UPD :)

Christia's World said...

^its not the fanciest place ah you gotta be cowboy ;p

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message and commenting. You get +1 experience point in life per comment left in this blog, didja know that?!

P.S. Please DO NOT leave links or htmls in your comments

Share this to the WORLD!