Friday, March 09, 2012

Ya Kun Kaya Toast: I Like my Eggs Soft and Runny *wink*

I was at the SM Mall of Asia last week because (insert top secret reason here) and at 3:00 pm I still hadn't gotten my lunch on. So (insert name of top secret person here) suggested for us to grab lunch at Ya Kun Kaya Toast. Toast for late lunch?! You betcha.
Ya Kun Kaya Toast
(Insert name of top secret person here) said that aside from kaya (coconut jam) and toast, that this place also served runny eggs. I've had a decent serving of toast and runny eggs at Kopi Roti before so I was excited to try their version. I'm a fan of runny eggs just because I do not know how to cook runny eggs without leaving them raw.


Price list:
We had the Ya Kun Kaya Toast with Butter Set A and Cheezy French Toast with Kaya Set G
Other offerings at Ya Kun Kaya Toast
What we liked:
The place wasn't dressed up to the nines but it looked clean and nice.
Ya Kun Kaya Toast
We ordered their 2 best sellers according to the Ya Kun Kaya Toast staff. The Set A Ya Kun Kaya Toast with Butter and Set G, Cheezy French Toast. The set meals include 2 soft boiled eggs and your choice of tea or coffee which you can upgrade to a larger cup.

They first served the milk teas. They were absolutely divine. Remember when I said that I liked milk tea in this post? Well, I've never had hot milk tea that I liked before I had Ya Kun Kaya Toast's Tea "C!"
Both creamy and silky smooth in my mouth but still retained its tea taste. It's like tea and milk married in summer and had a perfect baby in a mug.
Then came the toasts.
Ya Kun Kaya Toast
Ya Kun Kaya Cheezy French Toast
The Ya Kun Kaya Toast with butter is the perfect toast to dip in a small bowl of soft boiled eggs swimming in light soy sauce and pepper. With every bite, you experience a crunch that makes you wanna finish chewing on that bite and head for another.

The Cheezy French Toast was OK... Nothing much to write about it with my limited vocabulary.

Insider Tips:
Get set A for your first try in this place. Best to have their signature "dish" after all.
And definitely try their Tea "C."

Verdict: 
Ya Kun Kaya Toast's Set A goes beyond breakfast for me. It is simple but filling and the perfectly cooked soft boiled eggs are the right compliment to that crunchy toast. And that kaya on the side gives it a sweet balance.

How to contact them and how to get there?
SM Mall of Asia, Central Business Park Bay Blvd., Bay City, Pasay City, Pasay
It's on the ground floor. :)



View SM Mall of Asia in a larger map

11 comments:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

Awww.. i miss kaya toasts!! but i never tried eating them with the eggs yet :P

Kristen said...

I love kaya toast! :) not a fan of their eggs though.

Cheska Cruz said...

Gee... this is just in MOA... would love to try them out... thanks for sharing sis. =)

Pink MagaLine said...

The milk tea looks like a cup of oatmeal ah. Hihi. Not a fan of milk tea but I like toast.

Thanks for the visit! :)

Mary de Guzman said...

I don't think I've ever been to a place that is dedicated mostly to toast. Sounds really interesting. :P Thanks for sharing!

Christia's World said...

@pink-lovely runny
@kristen -hehe what didnt you like about the eggs?
@cheska and mary - welcome!

Kristen said...

I want my eggs over medium :)

Christia's World said...

^ahhhhh over easy is my thing :) to each his/her own!

michymichymoo said...

I'd love to try this! ;)

http://www.dekaphobe.com/

Sumi Go said...

I love kaya toast and we actually have Ya Kun's kaya jam at home. I haven't tried eating at Ya Kun's though, but I'll make sure to try their milk tea the next time I'm in MOA.. :) If you have the chance, try Toast Box too. Love their milk tea, called Teh! :)

Christia's World said...

Go michy!

@sumi - hahaa teh! like the name already

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message and commenting. You get +1 experience point in life per comment left in this blog, didja know that?!

P.S. Please DO NOT leave links or htmls in your comments

Share this to the WORLD!