Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Adventures of Spa Girl #7: Footloose

Admittedly, this may not sound like it is a massage place. In fact, when I read the sign they had outside, my brain kept on showing me an image of Kevin Bacon in his signature Footloose the movie outfit --- wife beater and acid wash jeans. That aside though, I still decided to try the place out because it was raining terribly hard on a Tuesday morning in Makati and I had no where else to go.

Footloose actually shares their place with a nail salon which I was tempted to try but I knew I only had 2 hours before my meeting and I did not want to worry about ruining my polish. So I ended up trying the Thai Foot Massage instead. Given that it is called Footloose, I assume this is their best service to try.

The Breakdown

Wet area: None

What do you wear during the massage: Your clothes. They do not offer a full body massage here so no need to strip down to your knickers.

Ambiance: The outside was really so much like a nail salon. It was bright but really nicely decorated. The ambiance inside the massage area is totally different though. It was very relaxing, the place played mellow songs, there was just a night light guiding the therapists and it smelled deliciously of mint.

Price range: Pricey! For a 30 minute foot massage, it costs Php 285. (60 minutes - Php 485, 90 minutes - Php 650 and 120 minutes - Php 850)
For these prices, I was hoping that they provide me with a massage so good, I will moan out of pleasure without control

Anything for the mouth: None

Location:Suite 101 CYA Land Building, 110 Rada Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City

View Larger Map
Contact them: (02) 552 2833

Website: N/A


The Good
They had nice decor outside and the receptionists were very friendly.

Is this rain? No, they are big glass blobs :)
I also liked how they prepared me for the massage. They wrapped me with so much towels I felt like all I needed was a sarcophagus and I was ready to be called a mummy.

Dear Brendan Fraser, Go ahead and discover me. Love, The Mummy

The Massage
The foot massage itself, I am torn between giving it a ho-hum or a passable, "pwede na" (acceptable). If you like having your tootsies given the main focus in a foot massage but your legs are left barely touched, then this place will give you an OK massage. They also used some kind of a device that the therapist glides on your foot. Didn't really make much of a difference for me if she used the thingamabob or her thumb.


The Not-so-Good
While it is relatively quiet inside the place itself, there is a door to the outside world that allows noise to seep in the therapy room. 


The Whatthehelljusthappened?!
Thankfully none.

The Verdict
Was worth a shot to try it once but given the price and the massage itself, this is not a place that I will go back to.

Have YOU tried this place? Do YOU have a different experience?

34 comments:

lakwatsera said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lakwatsero said...

My girlfriend and I went to a spa last month and had a couples massage. I think they gave us a combination of Thai and Swedish which lasted an hour. After that we were both given foot massages for another hour. End result: our entire bodies were aching the next day.Problem with most massage therapists is they don't know what mild and soft it. Even if you told them, they will still give you the only the type of massage they know--hard!
Thanks for the heads up on Footloose. We will definitely keep out of this place

Sumi Go said...

I actually haven't tried a foot massage yet. I know though that I love hand massages.. :D

Christia's World said...

@lakwatsero - oh no, what place was that?
@sumi - where did you get your hand massage from? :)

Maryjane Tauyan Fitzsimmons said...

aww! mmh.i've had my best massage in bali indonesia at mercure kuta bali hotel. for 2 hours u can stay in the jacuzzi then strawberry scrub then oil massage and back for a soak in the jacuzzi again. thats a full body massage!! forgot how much the price though, hehe anyways, it is not very relaxing if you can hear some noise when ur having a massage! xx

enzo said...

Nah! too much for your Thai massage. You can have 1 hour full body Thai massage here for 150 Baht around like 200 pesos. Two hours gives you a full relaxing massage for only 300 while you got only 30 minutes in there. That's just too much!

Christia's World said...

@maryjane - true, noise cancels out relaxation
@enzo - i agree with you there. this is too pricy

ROMELO said...

never been into a spa... I'm sure many people enjoy the services provided by spas... pag need ko ng massage, nagrerequest lang ako kay misis... hahaha

Algene said...

Sayang, medyo maingay lang ang place. Hehe :) We all want a relaxing place kapag nagpapa-massage tayo :D

Leah. said...

Aww.. This looks like a great place. Kaso mukhang may kamahalan. hehe.. Pero sabi nga, kung the best naman ang serbisyo, ayos lang din..

Really sounds like a nice spa.. I would check it out, if only andyan ako sa Manila. Will check it out pag lumuwas ako ulit. Thanks for this!

Edmaration etc said...

Ang rami na talagang mga spa ngayon. But you know what, my mom really gives me a great massage so I needed not to go to spa and pay them.
----
Regards,
Edmar

Traveling Morion said...

hay sarap magpamassage after long day of stressful work, yun nga lng turn off pag maingay jejeje

joy said...

i opt for a home massage rather than going to spas and other massage clinic, aside from being pricey, most of the time i am not satisfied with their service

Tess Chancellor said...

dami ng nagpapaspa .i never tried spa yet but I did full body scrub many times.sarap ng feeling afterwards.

yuuki said...

i don't like having body massage...ewan ko para akong binubogbog, kaya i just go with foot spa every time me girl bonding kami...

AJ said...

First off, I like your categories! Oh, and just what are "tootsies"? I never thought they can be found in my feet. I thought elsewhere, hahaha!

I'm a foot massage person so I guess I'd appreciate having my "tootsies" given so much attention. Thing is, Makati is a far away place for me, especially when traffic is bad. It'd take lesser time to go to HK actually. :)

Sionee said...

hahaha.. we just had thai massage last night and it was a different place from this and totally different experience naman. :)

violy vallester said...

You did not recommend it so.. I won't go! From the sound of it parang not worth it nga, Medyo mahal, although mukhang malinis naman... Will stick to my usual massage place.. ;)

Gemma|My Dailies said...

gusto ko gawin lahat.. massage, foot spa.. pag bakasyon pinas.. pero.. if di mo recommended.. wag na! post ka naman ng nirerecommend mo.. thanks!

chrisair said...

parang natakot a kosa first picture until I browse the whole page, I will try their nail art

markpogi said...

Looking at the map. Malapit sa office namin yan ah. :D

Julie. -- said...

Hmnnn too pricey for a foot massage. There are still a lot of spas and nail saloons all over Manila i think. Hope you could find one that you can recommend to us.

Jenny O'Toole said...

fabulous! I will try that spa soon.

Earlie said...

Good life..am jealous with all of these pampering that you enjoy over there whilst there's none here that is quite affordable...hehehe..honestly there are some spa but high sky price and the quality of service is no good.

I'll try that during our holidays next year.

Blair Villanueva said...

i like the interiors of the place, but there is no problem to try also their service.. maybe will works too for me

Journeys and Travels said...

nice ambiance for a spa. I love the feel of the interiors too.

Rudolph said...

medyo mahal and based on your reviews on their services di match ang quality sa price

Ed Zafra said...

You sound not so satisfied with the service you got but anyway, as you said, it's worth the try though you won't be a repeat customer. At best, I believe you were able to while the time leisurely as the rain pours. Better that way than be wet. :)

ralph said...

nice name for a spa... the price, well, it's a little bit high. Yahweh bless.

rjs mama said...

that was an expensive foot massage, and no foot or water even :(

Christia's World said...

@ aj - tootsies = paa :)

@gemma and julie - go to danielli sa libis ok massage naman nila dun :)

@sir Ed - yeah i think i made the most of my waiting while the rain stop time too!

Edwin said...

I still wonder what the appeal of the spa is. I do want to get a massage, but what I usually get doesn't satisfy my aching body. My wife loves doing this, so I go to spas with her when we can. But overall, I just don't get it. They usually don't target the parts that really need a good massage.

Sorry to hear about your experience on that particular spa, but the more I'll read into your blog, I suppose I'll discover what the appeal is to getting a spa treatment.

Nataha said...

I absolutely love foot loose! I love those foot massages and their ginger tea! I love how they can shut the world out for you for the entire oration of the massage! I also really like that the owner apparently keeps learning new techniques from Thailand and trains her girls there... They even give you stretchy pants if you're wearing jeans to make you more comfortable! I've been going to foot loose for years now and I'm one happy client! :)

Christia's World said...

Hi Natasha, ah really they offer stretchy pants? Hmmm... wasn't given one when I had my treatment. Good for you that you had a good experience here :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message and commenting. You get +1 experience point in life per comment left in this blog, didja know that?!

P.S. Please DO NOT leave links or htmls in your comments

Share this to the WORLD!