Saturday, January 14, 2012

Finally Falling In Love with Rice Cakes

Since I was a little girl, I never liked rice cakes. I don't like their texture, the taste and just the overall experience of eating a rice cake. Until last New Year's eve when my lovely aunt introduced me to Betty's Rice Cake made with duman*.
Oh Betty, no wonder I liked you better than Veronica.

*I am not sure what the English translation of duman is. All I know is that it is sweet green rice that comes in dry and wet form. You can buy it in any wet market in Pampanga for 15 pesos a cup. I like the dry one better. More details I found here.

To prove that I am not kidding on how yummy their rice cakes are, see this line that we had to endure just to get a box.
Anyhoozles, if you are wondering what Betty's duman Rice Cake tastes like, it is the perfect combination of sweet sticky rice goodness, creamy coconut shavings and a bit of melted cheese.
It has a spot-on texture that just makes love to your mouth.
Oh duman cake, when will I see you again?
When I ate this for the first time, I made a face that reminded me of a particular When Harry met Sally scene.
Riiiiiice! Caaaaake!

So if you also want to have your very own food-gasm from rice cakes or if you are just craving to get your native delicacies on, then go visit a Betty's Native Cakes stall.

Recap
Needs improvement:
None that I can think of. Their kiosks are pretty accommodating when it's not New Year's eve.
What we like:
Duman Rice Cake
Verdict:
For your next rice cakes needs, go to Betty's.
How to contact them and how to get there?
We ordered our batch from Betty's Native Cakes kiosk in SM City Clark Pampanga.

Tingnan ang Mas Malaking Mapa
Other branches:
New Tarlac Public Market
Old Tarlac Pblic Market
Sto. Cristo Tarlac City
Paniqui, Tarlac City
Magic Star Mall SM Tarlac
San Miguel, Tarlac City
Capas, Tarlac City
Concepcion, Tarlac City
SM Pampanga
Apalit Pampanga
Calumpit Bulacan

Call them at 045-9820465 for more details.

8 comments:

[pinkc00kies] said...

I've always loved kakanin naman ever since :D

tatess said...

i love love love rice cake .my mother makes a good one ,sarap at ako rin may version ng sarili kong rice cake .i can't make it here kasi hindi pa ko nakakabili ng glutinous rice.i want to have the Betty rice cake,mukhang masarap with duman.

NETTIE said...

I have never heard of this before. But after reading your post, I feel like I want to try it~

bechay said...

^ me too sis! thanks for posting this!

Christia's World said...

@pink - haha, ako never, ngayon lang. I like some sapin sapin versions but not THIS much lol.

@tatess - wow, isn;t it taxing to make it on your own? kudos to you and your mom!

@nettie and bechay - go ahead!

My Sassy Chef said...

I love kakanin, especially the ones from the province.It looks so yummy! :)

Much ♥,
Pearl
Sassy Chef Recipes and Reviews

Sumi Go said...

So sad ang lalayo ng ibang branches :( I wanna try them too. Btw, following your blog now. (I thought before I was already a follower of your blog >.< Kaya pala di lumalabas sa feed ko. Fail.)

Christia's World said...

@sassy - and it tastes better!
@sumi - haha, no worries.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message and commenting. You get +1 experience point in life per comment left in this blog, didja know that?!

P.S. Please DO NOT leave links or htmls in your comments

Share this to the WORLD!