Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lumpia Lovin' at The Big Little Store

Last month, Deep Tissue Massage Boy and I went to Gilmore to "window shop" for laptops. And every single time we go to Gilmore, I end up craving me some fresh lumpia (spring rolls) lovin' from The Big Little Store!
Is it big? Is it little?! I get so confused I end up eating.

This place is known for their legendary lumpia but they also make a mean batch of kikiam. So for our merienda (snack), this is where we headed.

(On a side note, I did  not know what the English translation is for kikiam so I checked GoogleTranslate. According to this site, kikiam IS kikiam in English. I didn't know that! Did you? Also, when I checked what the English translation is for lumpia, look at what popped up. LOL. Is that even a legit word?)

Look at their crispy kikiam. Doesn't it look like an embutido?!


Here is a pic of their fab lumpia plus their secret sauce. It may not look much but it tastes pretty good...
I may not look fancy but I kick ass once you bite into me. - lumpia from The Little Big Store

The condiments above are there so you can also add minced garlic if you want your lumpia to have so much bawang (garlic) it can kill a vampire by its mere smell.
Ew, garlic - vampire (Photo from 123rf.com)
Aside from selling cooked items that you can eat in their quaint restaurant, they also have a variety of Chinese grocery foodums that you can buy.
Yummy Asian popsicles!
Recap:
If you want to get your fill of yummy fresh lumpia and crispy kikiam, no doubt, hands down, go to this place.

Needs improvement:
Maybe they need more staff or they just need to train them but the servers were a bit short with the customers when we were there. Observed it with how they interacted with not just us, but with all the other patrons.

What we like:
Fresh lumpia
Kikiam

Verdict:
A must go if you want a proper fresh lumpia and crispy kikiam.

How to contact them and how to get there?
The Big Little Store is located at:
Ground Floor, Gilmore IT Center
Gilmore, New Manila
Quezon City

(02) 723-6881, (02) 411-3324

Store hours:
   Su: 7:30 am - 1:30 pm
   M, W, Th, F, Sa: 7:30 am - 8:00 pm
   T: 7:30 am - 10:00 pm


Have YOU tried The Little Big Store? Do YOU have anything recommend from this place?

9 comments:

Stef of Live and Fever said...

"Is it big? Is it a little? I get so confused I end up eating." -- winner! ;) Now, I'm craving for lumpiang ubod. Sigh...

Christia's World said...

hehe then head on out there :) just don't go staying much too long at Gilmore kasi you would end up buying something because of the temptingly good electronics showcase.

chrisair said...

I would love to try their lumpia now that you posted it on your blog. Thanks

Ivan Stewart Saldajeno said...

never knew there is such a place in New Manila like BLS.

Make Money on YouTube said...

I just love the fresh lumpia that I've tasted in Cebu when I get to visit there last year. It was among the best fresh lumpia I've ever tasted. I'm looking forward to come back in Philippines next year and get to try this lumpia that you're talking about.

Cheers!

Mrs. Kolca said...

I don't know but why can't I like fresh lumpia? Haven't been to LBS too. Hihi.

Earl Borillo said...

nice!

followed your blog, do follow too, thanks!
sliktycoon.blogspot.com

Christia's World said...

@chrisair - great! tell me all about it once you do.
@ivan - it's tucked in the corners of gilmore
@makemoneyonyoutube - what a long name! tell me all about it when you try!
@mrs.kolca - :) try it sometime, no harm in trying right?
@earl - sure will.

Berylle Kaye Hong said...

Didn't know there's a big little store in gilmore. Thanks for this! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message and commenting. You get +1 experience point in life per comment left in this blog, didja know that?!

P.S. Please DO NOT leave links or htmls in your comments

Share this to the WORLD!